Summer vacation is over, September is already here and the back-to-school fever is in full swing. That means only one thing – it’s time to get back into fitness again. And what better way to do that than with a fun fitness challenge!
So starting tomorrow, September 9th, 2013, I want you to join me in a 21-Day Plank Challenge (but feel free to start anytime you find this post). Why 21 days? Well they say that’s how long it takes to create a habit and we want to create the habit of moving our bodies every day.
Why the plank? Because it’s one of the best exercises for strengthening your core AND is one of the easiest to implement – no equipment or space needed. (So no excuses… you’re doing this with me!!)
And to make it even more fun and exciting, there will be weekly prize giveaways!
CLICK HERE to tweet this challenge to your friends!
Watch the video for all of the details or continue reading below:
Here’s how the challenge works:
On day 1, determine your max plank time. The next day, add 5 seconds to your time and keep adding 5 seconds every day for the next 21 days. By the end of the challenge, we would have all added 1 minute 45 seconds to our initial scores and ultimately, have super-duper strong cores and shoulders!!!
Easy peasy right?
If you just answered “yes”, I have an extra challenge for you.
Along with the 21-Day Plank Challenge, I want you to quit one or all of the following items for 21 days:
Coffee (including decaf)
Sodas & diet sodas
Sugar and refined sugars (white table sugar, sugar substitutes & artificial sweeteners, and anything made from white flour)
Here’s how to participate:
1. Post a picture of yourself holding a plank on your Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram account(s).
2. Make sure to include your time for that day so I can see your progress and remember to tag the post with “#plankwithb” so that I can find your photos (see examples below). You can either do an elbow plank or a tall plank. It’s up to you!
I want to see you guys getting stronger!!
3. A winner will be chosen every week based on creativity, participation, and commitment to this challenge. The winner will be announced on my Facebook page and Twitter every Monday until the end of the challenge on September 30th, 2013.
And a big thank you to our supporters for their generous gifts:
- Spaduyna is offering one lucky lady a complimentary hair treatment with blow dry and a manicure.
- Greenheart Organic Farms is offering one lucky winner a mixed box of their organic goodness.
- Detox Delight is offering a box of their delicious detox tea worth AED130.
Ok, let’s get planking!